North West North Tyneside Primary Care Network (PCN) is a grouping of 9 GP surgeries that are working together with other health & social care providers and voluntary services with the aim to transform primary care in a sustainable way that positively impacts on the health and wellbeing of the local population.
North West North Tyneside PCN holds the contract to deliver a Local Vaccination Service and we are delivering this alongside other local partner organisation’s. The location of our local vaccination centre is at the Oxford Centre, Longbenton, NE12 8LT. This local vaccination service is currently targeting patients registered within the PCN practices:-
- Lane End Surgery
- Mallard Medical Practice
- Northumberland Park Medical Group
- Stephenson Park Health Group
- Swarland Avenue Surgery
- Wellspring Medical Practice
- West Farm Surgery
- Wideopen Medical Centre
- Woodlands Park Health Centre
All patients over 50 or in an at risk group (cohorts 1-9) & have not been vaccinated can contact their North West North Tyneside GP Practice to book an appointment at the Oxford Centre (Local Vaccination Centre).
- 1 Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- 2 All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- 3 All those 75 years of age and over
- 4 All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- 5 All those 65 years of age and over
- 6 Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group [At Risk Groups]
- 7 All those 60 years of age and over
- 8 All those 55 years of age and over
- 9 All those 50 years of age and over
- 10 Rest of the population
Please DO NOT contact your surgery for an appointment unless you are over 50 or in an at risk group (cohorts 1-9) & have not been vaccinated.
Instructions for attending a booked Appointment at the Local Vaccination Service
Please book via the text invite via QHealth.io or if over 50 or in an at risk group contact your GP surgery to book an appointment.
Vaccinations are by booked appointment only. On attendance we will verify your eligibility and any patients that are outside of the eligible cohorts will be refused.
Central Site: – Oxford Centre, West Farm Avenue, Longbenton, NE12 8LT
- Longbenton Metro Station to Oxford Centre is a 5 minute walk
- Four Lane Ends Metro Station to Oxford Centre is a 13 minute walk
- Several taxi firms are offering discounted rates if you do not have your own transport
- There is good access to free parking at the Oxford Centre
- Please arrive no earlier than 5-10 minutes for your appointment
- Please wear a face covering to your appointment.
Please cancel or do not book an appointment if:-
- You have any COVID symptoms
- You have had a confirmed COVID positive within the last 4 weeks
- You have had any vaccination within the last 7 days
If you have received a QHealth invite text and you want to cancel or rebook your appointment please use the qhealth.io chat or contact qhealth.io on 03302230349 (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
If you require an interpreter please book via your GP surgery
IMPORTANT CLINIC UPDATE
In addition to the Oxford Centre site some of the local GP surgeries will be offering vaccine clinics from 20th March until 31st March 2021. This is due to the increase in vaccination supply which was recently broadcast on the news. This additional vaccine is planned is alongside the clinics at the Oxford Centre.
About the coronavirus vaccine
You need 2 doses of the vaccine to get the best protection from the virus. Your second dose will be given up to 12 weeks after your first. You will receive your second appointment after you have had your first vaccination.
For local COVID information visit https://tynehealth.org.uk
North West North Tyneside Primary Care Network
working in partnership with
North Tyneside Council
North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust